Internet of Things (IoT): A Hands on Workshop
INSTRUCTOR LED WORKSHOP
“OUR COURSES CAN BE SPECIALLY TAILORED TO ADDRESS YOUR REQUIREMENT – TELECONTRAN”
Having Smartphones and Gadgets in hand makes it hard to believe that these devices are controlling our day-to-day activities simply because of the information that we store in them. We have GPS Sensor in our devices. How about sensor devices at home or work? Sensor networks are being integrated in our material environment, while algorithms and artificial intelligence make sense of the generated data and influence our public and private lives.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the game changer, and it will bring about tremendous improvements in user experience and system efficiency. It will be the next big thing for both operators and associated industries. It will have a transformational impact on all industries and re-shape business models and industry configurations.
Telecontran’s 3-day Internet of Things (IoT) course provides a core grounding in how science and technology have developed to enable the IoT as well as the design principles of the IoT and its device and infrastructure-related architectures, technologies and protocol frameworks that aimed at enabling the formation of highly distributed and ubiquitous networks with seamlessly connected heterogeneous devices.
After successful completion of this 3-day workshop participants will be able to
- Understand what “the Internet of Things” means and how it relates to Cloud computing concepts
- Learn how open platforms allow to store sensor data in the Cloud
- Learn the basic usage of the Arduino environment for creating your own embedded projects at low cost
- Understand how to connect your Arduino with your Android phone.
- Understand how to send data to the Internet and talk to the Cloud.
- Understand how to update sensor readings on Social Networking Sites.
- Control a Relay Switch by texting from Phone.
- Learn overview of IoT with Data science
- Learn overview of IoT with Amazon AWS/IBM Bluemix
- Learn overview of IoT data processing using HADOOP
This 3-day workshop is designed to help Software developers, Hardware Engineers, Sensor manufacturer, Cloud data scientist and Business manager who are planning to adopt and deploy Internet of Things products, solutions and IoT services. Executives who want to learn how leading companies leverage advanced analytics, Enterprise architects, data warehousing, and business intelligence professionals looking to provide the infrastructure for big data and advanced analytics, Data scientists, Business Analysits, UI Developers, in short anyone who sees potential in IoT and Big Data can participate in this training.
There will be lab sessions throughout the workshop, as such, participants are requested to bring their own laptops.
Introduction to the Internet of Things
- The Internet of Things
- The Basics of Sensors & Actuators
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
IoT Design considerations
- IoT device and physical world interfacing
- Hardware and software trade-offs
- IoT and how the embedded systems work
- IoT Connectivity through RF and Wireless
- IoT Connectivity through Cellular Network, Small Cells and VSAT
- Working with Big Data, Cloud, Analytics
- CASE STUDY: HOME AUTOMATION
The Arduino Platform
- The Arduino Open-Microcontroller Platform
- Arduino Basics
- Arduino Board Layout & Architecture
Reading from Sensors
Programming fundamentals ( C language )
Arduino Programming & Interface of Sensors
- Interfacing sensors with Arduino
- Programming Arduino
- Reading from Sensors
Project 1: Simple LED Program for Arduino
Project 2: Integrating Sensors & Reading Environmental Physical Values.
Project 3: Reading Environmental Values on Android Smartphone.
- Talking to your Android Phone with Arduino
- Connecting Arduino with Mobile Device.
- The Android Mobile OS.
- Using the Bluetooth Module
Project 4: Voice Controlled Mini Home Automation using Android Smartphone
Project 5: Control Devices using Localhost Web Server for Home Automation.
- Integrating Ethernet Module & Testing DHCP Connection
- Creating Program for Localhost Web Server for controlling devices.
IOT using Cloud Computing
- Introduction to IBM Blue mix IOT
- Introduction to Amazon AWS IOT
Project 6: Creating own Android App using MIT App Inventor & controlling Arduino connected devices.
Project 7: Being Social on Twitter & update status on Twitter through Arduino
- Make Electronics Gadget Talk to Internet
- Integrating Ethernet Module
- Creating App on Twitter
Project 8: Send Voltage & Analog Data on Cloud Server.
- Cloud Computing
- LAB: Amazon AWS and IBM bluemix
- Communicating with the Cloud using Web Services.
- Cloud Computing & IoT.
- Popular Cloud Computing Services for Sensor Management.
Project 9: Use Arduino to Upload free data from Environmental Sensors to Cloud Server.
Project 10: Automatically Tweet Sensor Data on Twitter.
- IoT Security Standards and Fundamentals
- IoT Security Challenges
- Threats to IoT Devices, Platforms and Infrastructures
- IoT Authentication, encryption, access control, privacy, data integrity and risk management
Project 11: Receive Automatic Call Notification on Mobile Phone for Burglar Alarm using IoT Platform.
Project 12: Control Electronic Devices from anywhere across the world using Internet & Mobile App.
IoT Trends and Future Implementation
- IoT trends in the industry
- Blockchain implementing IoT
- DDoS Stack (Distributed Denial of Service)
- Trends in mobile for IoT
- The relation between IoT and market talent
OUR HAPPY CLIENTS
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT TELECONTRAN !!
This course has given me more insight on 5G network as a whole, from introduction to Smart Cities. The presentation was well outlined and learning objectives were successfully completed.
The course covers all telecom technologies in the market specially 5G and IoT.
The course provided me a very good knowledge for the preparation of Advanced telecom technologies and specially IOT.
The training was very good, informative and I gained a lot of knowledge on Linux.
The trainer and the hands-on sessions were fantastic and this workshop helped me to learn about PowerBI and Cyber Security.