ACE RTU Ladder Programming Workshop
INSTRUCTOR LED WORKSHOP
“OUR COURSES CAN BE SPECIALLY TAILORED TO ADDRESS YOUR REQUIREMENT – TELECONTRAN”
RTU (Remote Terminal Unit) is a microprocessor based device that monitors and controls field devices that then connects to plant control or SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) systems. Due to some potential benefits, RTU is much more powerful than a PLC as the RTU can have several inputs and outputs.
A RTU can sometimes be programmed through a simple web interface. In other instances, the RTU comes with setup software that can help you to configure input streams to output streams as well as communications. There are also many RTU’s that have preprogrammed modules that can just be applied for the desired function. This advantage can quickly be turned into a disadvantage.
This 3-day workshop would assist the participants in understanding how to manage the reliable RTUs using Ladder programming as well as other PLC programming languages to make the ever changing technologies do a remarkable job of leveling the playing field.
After successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the ACE RTU’s Ladder Programming
- Familiar with ACE 4600 Gateway Programming
- Learn what are the MODBUS Interface and devices
- Learn MODBUS Programming in ACE RTU
- Understand MODBUS Slave Setup
- Understand MDLC and MDLC over IP
This course is specially designed for Automation Engineers, Instrumentation Engineers, Managers and Professionals who are passionate about Ladder Programming, SCADA, PLC/RLC programming etc.
Module 1: Introduction to ModBus
- Understanding of Modbus TCP/IP protocol
- Understanding of Modbus RTU
- Master/Slave architecture
- Data pack in floating point, tables, ASCII text, queues, and other unrelated data
- Function code and data response
- Pros and cons
Module 2: MDLC and MDLC over IP
- Understanding of MDLC
- Understanding of MDLC over IP
- MDLC seven Layers
- Application processes
- Variable length words
- File Transfer
- Short Messages
- Link, network, transport
Module 3: ACE RTU Ladder Programming
- CPU feature and sizing up
- Modulor configuration
- Versatile input/output modules (RTU to be used)
- I/O expansion frame
- Operational critical Redundancy
- ACE3600 RTU simultaneous communication over RS-232, RS-485, radio port and IP Ports
- Simple program and configuration
- Debugging and troubleshooting techniques
Module 4: ACE 4600 Gateway
- Connectivity between RTU and SCADA
- Intranet Browser Clients
- SCADA Server
- Communications Infrastructure
- Mobile Device
- Versatile features such as remote access through a web browser
- Expansion the number of users
- High End Security
- Logging to SQL or ODBC compliant databases and so on.
OUR HAPPY CLIENTS
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT TELECONTRAN !!
This workshop covered more information on ACE3600 equipment and also ladder programming including RTU ACE3600 configuration, I/O module configuration and database, process configuration.
This course is about our day-to-day job which made it more understandable on how we should apply different applications, specially PLC Programming, MODBUS Communications and Configuration of RTU / FIU / FEP.
Covering overall power plant system used in Telecommunication as well the planning and processing of the power system, I must say the course was very much useful in learning about Telecom Power System.
It covered all the aspects of telecom tower from the site survey, types of tower, OPEX and CAPEX of a tower site, construction of tower and maintenance plan plus safety procedures.
The Course Covers almost all about telecommunications from basic to modern telecommunications, such as IOT, 5G, Process Engineering with in just 2 days.